Private Practice: Preparing for Retirement, Disability or Death
Date: July 18, 2018
Time: 12:00PM - 01:00PM
You must be registered to participate!
|Member: ||$29.00 |
|Non-Member: ||$49.00 |
*Counselors requiring New York State approval must contact ACA upon completion to obtain customized CE certificate*
Client confidentiality laws mean that closing a practice, even temporarily, comes with certain rules and restrictions. In this webinar, counselors will learn how to create an emergency closure plan that meets those confidentiality laws and protects clients and counselors.
In this webinar participants will:
- Understand the importance of preparing for the unexpected: severe illness, disability, death or other sudden professional practice closure.
- Learn crucial steps in closing a practice, whether expected (e.g., retirement or job change) or unexpected, including considerations in appointing a records custodian, notice to clients, etc.
- Resources for planning for the future, for counselors and mental health professionals of any age and any stage of professional life.
Available CE Credits:
1.00 – Clock Hour
1.00 – NBCC
1.00 – CRCC
1.00 – New York
1.00 - Ohio
- Anne Marie “Nancy” Wheeler, JD, Self-Employed, Attorney in Maryland and D.C. And Affiliate Faculty Member, Loyola University Maryland
- Rob Reinhardt, MEd, LPCS, NCC, CEO, Rob Reinhardt, LPC, PA
- John Duggan, M.A., Staff, American Counseling Association